Please help me out here. I never ask. I don’t want to know. But I need to know now. This blog is at a crossroads and needs your feedback in order to proceed.
Today is the last scheduled Vessels for the Master’s Use post ..
Rather than bore you, let me pose a few questions to you, which , if you would be so kind as to respond in some fashion, I would be grateful. Let me give you a myriad of response options:
- Shoot me a reply in the Contact form at the top of the page. I will reply by email.
- Post a comment at the end of this post.
- Send me a Tweet, or DM me on Twitter. Just make sure you follow me first, and I follow you back.
- Write your own thoughts elsewhere and link them in the comments.
- Send me a message on LinkedIn.
- Just don’t try to use Facebook — I’m not there — or Instagram.
- Pin this post to Pinterest and write me a comment on it. I suppose you’d better follow me first.
Enough? I can’t think of any more. If you do, just write it in the comments.
Now here are my questions for your feedback:
- Where do you read this blog?: WP Reader, RSS feed, or somewhere else
- Do you actually visit the blog (or just read the post elsewhere)?
- Do you actually read the posts on this blog? Give answer in % of time: 0%, 50%, 100%
- Do the comments and contact and search elements of this blog work?
- Which category do you read (or all)?: Bible, book reviews, Chronicle (WRITE)
Thank you so much for your feedback!
Now, if you care to read, I’ll get lengthy. Otherwise, I thank you very much for your help.
This is where this blog stands. The media library is almost full. I have to do something, or I will run out of room. The Vessels posts are done (month of June). After that, depends on the feedback I receive as a result of this post. The Heart Hiding posts are done too. The Bible Reading Schedule posts are done for the year, the last Monday of the month.
Here’s where I’m at personally. I started the Bible Reading Schedule and the Vessels posts just to share what I am doing personally. It is a ministry which I very much enjoy.
The question is whether or not it is the best use of my time since I have been unemployed for a year now, and really need to bring in an income.
Now let me talk about blog traffic a wee bit. This blog isn’t about numbers, but it does help make things worth while if there is a demand for what you are supplying, doesn’t it? While the traffic has increased by 50% over the past six months, it is not significant for the amount of effort which it takes consistently. It’s a lot of work which I would rather put into something lucrative.
The crossroads is this: The blog can be moved to a self-hosting site, which will incur a monetary expense. Or it can be split into smaller blogs by category and continue with the free wordpress(dot)com site. The current blog would become static, while new ones shoot off from it. Or I can quit blogging and start writing, as in books to sell to earn at least some income.
1,2,3 options. Not very clear, clear as mud. I’ve been thinking and praying and getting nowhere for months. Help me out here please, if you have an opinion.
I love the work of blogging. It has grown on me. I love learning new things. I love social media. In its current form it does not put a roof over my head. I think I need to build a roof.
What are your thoughts? Thank you for your help. I am praying for the outcome to be pleasing to God.